LC Interpreting Services is now SignNexus!
Five Reasons to Learn ASL Together
Valentines day doesn’t just have to be about romantic love– love can be between friends and family, too. It is just a nice day to remind people you care about them, no heart-shaped box required.
This Valentines day, why not give the person you love a different kind of gift? The gift of a new language!
Here are 5 awesome reasons to learn ASL with a partner
1. Chocolates, flowers, jewelry… those are all OK. But memories last a lifetime! There is nothing more valuable than sharing a new experience together.
2. Sign language is fun to learn and better with a friend. There are sure to be plenty of smiles!
3. Knowing ASL gives you a new way to communicate with your friend or lover. Silent communication has many advantages, for example you could converse in a crowded bar, or tell your partner something private on the subway.
4. ASL is intimate! There is a lot of eye contact, and you have to really focus on the other person’s face and body language.
5. Sign language is poetic and emotional. A true language of romance!
I am offering a deal on partner ASL lessons from now through Valentines day. For $75, I invite you and a friend to discover the silent world of American Sign Language together. In your one hour love-themed lesson, we will cover some basic signs and fun phrases you can both use for years to come.
I AM RUNNING A TWITTER CONTEST THIS WEEK! ONE LUCKY COUPLE WILL WIN A FREE ASL PARTNER LESSON. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS. The winners will be announced on TUESDAY 2/11/14. ENTER TO WIN!