LC Interpreting Services is now SignNexus!
Valentines day doesn’t just have to be about romantic love– love can be between friends and family, too. It is just a nice day to remind people you care about them, no heart-shaped box required.
This Valentines day, why not give the person you love a different kind of gift? The gift of a new language!
Here are 5 awesome reasons to learn ASL with a partner
1. Chocolates, flowers, jewelry… those are all OK. But memories last a lifetime! There is nothing more valuable than sharing a new experience together.
2. Sign language is fun to learn and better with a friend. There are sure to be plenty of smiles!
3. Knowing ASL gives you a new way to communicate with your friend or lover. Silent communication has many advantages, for example you could converse in a crowded bar, or tell your partner something private on the subway.
4. ASL is intimate! There is a lot of eye contact, and you have to really focus on the other person’s face and body language.
5. Sign language is poetic and emotional. A true language of romance!
I am offering a deal on partner ASL lessons from now through Valentines day. For $75, I invite you and a friend to discover the silent world of American Sign Language together. In your one hour love-themed lesson, we will cover some basic signs and fun phrases you can both use for years to come.
I AM RUNNING A TWITTER CONTEST THIS WEEK! ONE LUCKY COUPLE WILL WIN A FREE ASL PARTNER LESSON. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS. The winners will be announced on TUESDAY 2/11/14. ENTER TO WIN!